We seek a passionate and experienced developer who has a broad technology overview. You like complicated problems as you consider them challenges and your greatest satisfaction are easy and elegant solutions. You’re motivated to learn new things and it brings you joy to master them. You’ll help us build in-house products as well as deliver great software to many happy clients in countries like Germany, Singapore, South Africa, USA, Czech republic, and others. You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining applications written in Rails using the latest ‘best practices’ (green tests help us sleep at night). Strong Rails background is a definite plus but is not a hard requirement. We are willing to help you get going with Rails if you show us proficiency in other technologies.
You should bring following skills:
- Strong OOP and design patterns knowledge.
- You have few projects under your belt and understand how to use frameworks effectively (e.g. know where to look for when you end up with performance issues).
- You’ll be working in a team and we expect you to be a team player and step up for your teammates.
- Passion for writing clean and readable code.
- Experience in Rails - ss mentioned, not a requirement, but you will stand out.
- Good english communication skills. It’s ok if you had no idea what red tape means, but you’ll need to be able to communicate effectively with clients.
- It’s nice if any of the following rings a bell:
- REST, CoffeeScript, SASS, Haml, ActionScript, Java, Objective C, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Heroku, Cloud Services
- actually - surprise us with your own
For those interested, who already have fallen in love with Rails, you should be able to show us:
- Appreciation for the ruby language. Rails is one thing, but great solutions come from understanding the language.
- Ability to code in rails using ‘best practices’ are a big plus.Familiarity with BDD (we use Cucumber and Rspec).
To apply as a Software Developer, you’ll need to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating why we should consider you and project CV.